Saidiana WORKS, Incorporated is a 501(c)3 organization founded to provide training, reunification, separation and life skills training for returning residents, military service personnel and others separated for long periods of time from family and community.
Saidiana, in Swahili means help each other
is to promote healthy returning residents, families and communities
by providing supportive reunification services.
is to end the devastation of returning residents and families caused by separation, change the perspective that society has of their plight and
make this world truly an amazing place where we work together for
the good of all people.
When making decisions at Saidiana WORKS, Incorporated - the board, staff and volunteers will be accountable for and conscious of the following:
• The best decision will be the decision that provides the best end result for our returning residents and their families and will lead to an improved future for our communities.
• The core reason that Saidiana Works exists is to lessen the stress and improve outcomes for returning citizens, families and communities through reunification support after periods of separation and to help the world become empathetic to the challenges faced by those directly affected by the cumulative influence of the penal system. Saidiana Works, Inc. works to eliminate the root causes that sabotage this end through education and support - now and in the future. Today's decisions will therefore be made in the context of both today and tomorrow, asking the question, "How will the decision affect the future of our organization AND the future of our community?"
• Our decisions are made with respect, dignity, compassion, grace, integrity, honesty and humanity always at the forefront with the participant and family input along with community involvement .
• Our message must always be positive, that we CAN make change. With a passionate optimistic message, we can change minds and move mountains.
• We can accomplish significant change if the whole community works together, focusing ALL the community's varied resources towards improving our community's quality of life. All the community must share ownership of the problems and the solutions